Wednesday 31 March 2021

Defining Progress #ChaBooCha

Image by by Willgard Krause from Pixabay


The Oxford English Dictionary defines progress as 

1. forward or onward movement towards a destination. (noun)
2. 
development towards an improved or more advanced condition. (noun & verb)
3. to 
move forward or onward in space or time. (verb)

As I have always believed, as long as you've even just thought more about the book you are writing, then you've made progress. Plotting your book out is also progress. There are lots of things you can do towards writing your book that constitute progress made. 

Winning this challenge by writing your desired word count and completely the manuscript's first draft of your novel is the goal of this challenge, but it shouldn't be the only thing you take away from this writing challenge. Making friends and connections with other writers, sharing ideas and getting feedback, learning more about the writing and publishing process, and finding inspiration and motivation for writing your novel are just some of the things I hope you can take away with you from this challenge.

We have made it to the last day of the Chapter Book Challenge. I want to thank everyone who has participated in this challenge (whether or not you completed your manuscript during ChaBooCha). I really appreciate your participation in this yearly writing challenge and hope to see you all again in March 2022.

Happy writing!

***** 

Prize Winners!



The winner of the mug for writers is Bonnie Kelso! Congratulations!




The winner of the copy of Writing Your Story's Theme: The Writer's Guide to Plotting Stories that Matter by K. M. Weiland is Natalie Cohn! Congratulations!



The winner of the copy of The Genre Writer's Book of Writing Prompts & Story Ideas: 540 Creative Writing Prompts in the Genres of Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery & Thriller, Horror & Supernatural, and Memoir by the Mayday Writing Collective is Linda Staszak! Congratulations!


Winners please contact me at my e-mail to let me know your mailing addresses. 



8 comments:

  1. Thank you Becky for hosting this and everyone else who contributed a blog post. It helped me get back to my chapter book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becky, for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this inspiring month. And, for ending with the post 'Defining Progress'. I didn't get my chapter book completed, and I was feeling bad until I read the post. I did get some things worked out--progress!, so it won't be hard to finish it now, I hope. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I won a prize! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did this month go... didn’t we just start? First, thank you Becky for another great ChaBooCha... and I am sending out a huge THANK YOU to all the guest bloggers for helping to make this year’s ChaBooCha a terrific one!!

    This was just what I needed to get my revising juices flowing. I revised ANYA but did not get more than halfway through the revisions for FOOTPRINTS IN THE SNOW as I was also doing REFOREMO this month... not to mention 12 x 12.

    I plan on finishing up the revisions for FOOTPRINTS this month then in May sending it and ANYA out into the wild blue yonder… am currently trying to narrow down my agent list. Then I hope to spend the summer and fall researching and rewriting the manuscript of a nonfiction book that has been bugging me for years to sit down and write… and winter will be used for critiques and rewriting the manuscript.

    Thank you again for a wonderful month chock full of tasty tidbits of information…the list of research sites will be put to good use… and I will definitely be back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this challenge. I now have a first draft! Woo-hoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Article! I look forward to reading more useful posts from you. I am really happy with the quality of your post and your style of presentation. Thanks for sharing. Checkout Single Mother Grants For Housing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really happy, I found this website really informative. Thanks for the post and effort. Funny Warlock Names

    ReplyDelete