Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Welcome to ChaBooCha Lite 2015! #ChaBooChaLite


It's time for ChaBooCha Lite! It starts today!

For those of you who did not participate in ChaBooCha Lite last year and are wondering what it is, ChaBooCha Lite is a "light" version of the Chapter Book Challenge. ChaBooCha Lite is another chance to write an early reader, chapter book, middle grade book or YA novel within a month. The premise is the same as the premise of March's Chapter Book Challenge. (The Lite challenge will have less prizes and less guest blog posts.) You will still be trying to wr
ite your book during the 30 days of the month, but instead of running in March, ChaBooCha Lite runs in September. It's also completely acceptable for you to finish a book previously begun or to edit one you have already written, as long as you complete the work in September.

Feel free to peruse previous blog posts from a variety of published authors and agents. Here's a list of a selection of posts:

Getting Through the First Draft by author Wendy Orr

Editing your First Draft by author Tamora Pierce

Interview with author Darren Shan

Do It Yourself Publicity by author Harold Underdown

The Ten 'R's of Revision author Lee Wardlaw 

What to Do When You Hate What You've Written by author Adam Wallace

Choose your Mentor Texts by author Nancy I. Sanders 

Outlining and You by author Patti Larsen

Your Query is Not a Blurb: Query Tips from Freelance Editor Victoria Boulton 

On Editing by author Karen Pokras Toz

On Writing Badly and Redefining Failure by author Becca Puglisi

Magical Realism - Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary by author Kimberly Griffiths Little

How to Reach Kidlit Readers: Hone in on Power & Control by author Angel Ackerman

Series Writing 101 by author Emma Walton Hamilton

The Education Market and Chapter Books by author George Ivanoff

Ten Things to Remember when Submitting your Work to an Agent by Carole Blake

There are many, many more posts than just the ones I have listed above. We either have a post for every question you could have, or, if not, let us know and we will address the topic in a future post.

And grab yourself a participant badge from below to use on your blog or Facebook page or other social media.





And you can also have this handy banner.

(click to see in full size)




7 comments:

  1. I needed a new challenge to kickstart my writing. Will take on the challenge for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this. I have a chapter book that won't leave me alone. and this is the "kick in the pants" we both need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Just what I need! So glad I'm participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts exactly. And I'm grateful I can use this opportunity to finish a chapter book I began in March. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I have forgotten September means ChaBooCha Lite? I've been reworking my novel from March and just finished KidLitSummerSchool's plotting workshop. Hmm. Maybe I can pull this together. BTW, great badge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need ChaBooCha Lite this September. I need something to keep me on task. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up on the blogs, I love these challenges, really force me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete