Thursday 7 March 2019

One Week into the Challenge - How are you doing? #ChaBooCha

Image from Pixabay.com

We are already one week into the challenge. How is everybody doing? No matter where you are in the process, as long as you are thinking about your book, then you are making progress (but it helps if you have actually managed to get some writing done too). I'd love to hear what kind of progress you are making in the comments below.

I'd like to recommend that you check out some of the posts on here from previous Chapter Book Challenges. We've had some very helpful posts from authors and agents such as Carole Blake, Becca Puglisi, Angela Ackerman, Adam Wallace, Tamora Pierce, Darren Shan, Nancy I. Sanders, Lee Wardlaw, Patti Larsen, Wendy Orr, C. Hope Clark, Yvonne Navarro, Nancy Holder, Kimberly Griffiths Little, Emma Walton Hamilton, Kimberly Kinrade, K. M. Weiland, Jo Michaels, Lisa Cherry, Karen Pokras Toz and more.

The first week of writing a new book is usually the time when you are brimming with ideas and excitement for your new story. If your lucky, that enthusiasm will carry on into the second week. But for many, the second week is when your enthusiasm begins to fade, when the words start to come more slowly and when you begin to feel like the writing of your story is more work than fun. But don't let the fading of enthusiasm make you give in. Your story can still be written and it will become fun again as you continue writing. Your characters will have a way of surprising you.

Let me know how it's going for you and as always -
Happy writing!

15 comments:

  1. Making progress. I have a few chapters, and I’m excited about tackling something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful week this has been, thanks to you and your motivating posts. My manuscript is moving easily, after spending time with character building and plot development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on a ski vacation with my family, but I have a rough sketch outline of where I want to go with the story and more detailed sentences for the first two chapters. I will need the motivation next week when i return to get it all together and on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve had everything simmering on the back burner this first week due to Carnival festivities but I’m eager to get writing! I made this challenge my monthly goal at tonight’s local writers’ guild meeting so I have double the motivation to stick to task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting closer to a completed chapter 1, and also working on some background research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had an idea pretty well flushed out, realized it has no conflict (it's a fun fanciful story). Had to restart. This time I've got a rough story arc down with a strong protagonist and what I think is a pretty good antagonist. First chapter is done (but I'll probably go back and flush it out some more in a later revision.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing written yet but ideas are starting to come to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was at a conference last week where an editor asked me to write an idea in both chapter book and picture book formats. I've begun the process and the first chapter is done. Tomorrow I will get into the second one. This challenge couldn't have come at a better time! Thank you!😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another year of the Chapter Book Challenge! Heading into spring break so I am doing double duty this week! Happy writing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of notes and a couple chapters but spring break is here for this teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to go back and read from previous years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Commenting later on this post so.,,beginning was rough but as usual satisfying results toward the end!

    ReplyDelete