Sunday 31 March 2019

The Last Day of the Challenge is Here! #ChaBooCha


The Chapter Book Challenge is reaching its end for this month. Some of you still have several hours left in the day though, so, if you haven't reached your word count goal yet, don't give up!

If you have reached your target word count, WELL DONE!

If you already know you won't reach your target word count, be proud of what you HAVE achieved this month, whether it is a lot of writing, very little writing, or just fleshing out the idea in your head more. A little progress is STILL progress.

I have some prize winners to announce today!

Prize winners are announced below:

Hand-made metal charm bookmark:  Judy Rubin

Official ChaBooCha Keychain:  Liz Tipping and Donna L. Martin

Signed copy of "The Enchanted Snow Globe Collection: Return to Coney Island"  by Melissa Stoller (limited US and Canadian residents only):  Rene Diane Aube 

Novel Under Construction Journal:  Nancy Rimar

Copy if "Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly" by Gail Carson LevineCandice Conner

A fully printed booklets/calendars for writers (limited US and Canadian residents only)Melissa Stoller and Kelly Vavala 

Golden ticket to Blue Whale Press submissions which gives the winner a pass to submit outside of the submission window, priority consideration (top of pile), and guaranteed response: saputnam

Signed copy of either "My Little Piggy: An Owner's Manual," or one of the "Kung Pow Chicken" books by Cyndi Marko (limited US and Canadian residents only)Sue Frye

Homemade fantasy-themed bracelet:  Manju Howard 

Badger plush toy: SD Sutter 

Copy of her book Night Running: How James Escaped With the Help of His Faithful Dog by Elisa Carbone, illustrated by E.B. Lewis: Yangmama

And finally, the winner of the overall challenge prize, the Kindle Fire:  Satori CMaylo


Winners have ONE WEEK to contact me with their details, either through my e-mail, through Facebook Messenger or through Twitter DM.


***** 

I am currently putting together the fourth Teapot Tales anthology. It is long over-due to so keep your eye out for its publication in the next few weeks! I'll probably post about it on my Twitter and Facebook pages when it is available for purchase.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting together a lovely month of tips, cheerleading & confidence for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Becky, for a wonderful month of inspiration and motivation. At over 20,000 words, I am well into my book, working toward completion of my first draft. Then your added bonus, your handmade metal charm bookmark was the prize that I wanted most. Thank you for everything you have done to make this a great month and an inspiration for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee yay! I almost NEVER win anything from a contest or challenge...😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becky for the homemade fantasy-themed bracelet and giving so much of your time to the kidlit community. I look forward to buying a copy of your fourth Teapot Tales anthology. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for another wonderful ChaBooCha! This time around I worked on 2 chapter books and realize that they still need a lot of work... I cut Anya way back, basically rewriting it from the very first page... it now includes a 1293 word appendix which features Russian words, musical instruments, and recipes for the food found in the story.

    I really wanted to write Footprints in the Snow as a flashback from the little girls point of view who is listening to her grandmother tell a story about her mom when she was a kid, and helping to keep her mind off the fact that her mother is out in a blizzard the day before Christmas ... but it just didn't want to come together. Drats!! I still love the idea and haven’t given up on it.

    Thank you! Thank You! Thank You for drawing my name for the Golden Ticket to Blue Whale Press for a submission. I can’t wait to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Becky for running this! I learned a lot from the posts, and definitely worked on days when I wouldn't have because of feeling like part of a group that was working toward the same goal. As a result, I came very close to finishing the book. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YAY! Thank you so very much the prize!! And congratulations everyone on your writing successes and prizes.
    I didn't get as much written as I wanted, but I had a conference mixed in and all that goes with it, before and after. I'm looking forward to reading through the blog posts to
    learn more about chapter book writing.

    Thanks for all you do to encourage and teach :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Thank you for motivating me to get back to my writing! I am thrilled to win the Kindle Fire!
    Next thing I write i am dedicating to you!(will be disappearing Cowboy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for everything you do, Becky! I'll be sending out the booklets soon!

    ReplyDelete