Thursday 12 March 2015

In Honour of Terry Pratchett #ChaBooCha #TerryPratchett #Quotes

When it comes to writing novels for children (which adults also loved), we lost one of the greats today.

Terry Pratchett, author of  more than 70 books, including the Discworld series, died today. He had suffered from Alzheimer's since 2007.  He once said, "The ideal death, I think, is what was the ideal Victorian death, you know, with your grandchildren around you, a bit of sobbing. And you say goodbye to your loved ones, making certain that one of them has been left behind to look after the shop," and, like his words, he managed to die at home, with his cat sleeping on his bed and with his family around him.

I am so saddened by the loss of such a witty and talented writer. I thought that a fitting tribute to Terry would be to share some of his best quotes on life, love and writing.



















Give-away


I'm also going to give-away a copy of his book of stories, "Dragons at Crumbling Castle: And Other Stories." If you are already a signed-up member of the challenge, just comment on this post about whether you have read any books by Terry Pratchett, and, if so, which one was your favorite and a winner will be drawn from the comments by a random number generator on March 31st.











12 comments:

  1. My daughter and I love Terry Pratchet's books. This is sad news. I liked "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read one of his books, but I'm going to him on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read anything by Terry Pratchett, but his books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tribute to Terry Pratchett. He contributed so much through his writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read THE WEE FREE MEN and NATION--loved both of 'em, always meant to read more. Thanks for sharing his quotes--Terry Pratchett was funny and brilliant and a remarkable writer. He'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tribute, I have read some of his books, would love to share some with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am terrible with author's names. I don't believe I've read Mr. Pratchett's books. My son who is home for spring break insists that I have, but I don't remember it. I will need to re-read if I did and rediscover what I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he was one of my hero's. Loved his work.. but havent seen this book! I love all the witchy ones.. the death ones... postal..... and of course, the wee men

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read any books by Terry Pratchette but I am certainly going to add his name to my must read list after this wonderful tribute! Thank you for sharing his wonderful quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't -yet- read anything by Terry Pratchette. Looks like I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read his "The Unadulterated Cat" a long time ago and at the time thought he was spot on with his 'Campaign For Real Cats.' As a long time cat lover/owner it had me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm ashamed to admit I've never read a Terry Pratchett book. I must rectify that soon.

    ReplyDelete